of Transportation Glass
LPKF NovaPrint: Your Digital Glass Printing Machine
Digital Printing Solution for Automotive and Transportation Glass
LPKF NovaPrint - The Perfect Solution for Digital Glass Printing
LPKF NovaPrint was developed for printing on transportation and replacement glass. These two segments cover traditional vehicles as well as buses, trains, airplanes, and ships. The key element of the LPKF NovaPrint printer is a nozzleless, digital print head. The system has a print area of 2 x 3 m² and guides the print head over the glass substrate at a speed of 250 mm/s. Through an optical glass detection system, any panel form can be recognized and the print layout positioned precisely on the glass panel.
Digital Glass Printing Made Easy with PrintMaster
LPKF PrintMaster was specifically developed to meet the needs of customers in industrial printing. The print data can be easily imported or created via the wide range of CAD functions. LPKF PrintMaster is easy to use and harmonizes perfectly with the machine hardware.
LPKF PrintMaster Edit – From Idea to Glass
• Imports DXF print data and prepares for the printing process
• CAD design module to create print data
• Internal raster image process
• Creates dynamic print data (serial numbers, QR codes)
Adaptable Glass Printing for your Needs
External Ink Supply System
The system can optionally be equipped with an external ink supply system to automatically refill the print head. It can be set up for 1 or 2 inks for effective color changeovers with minimal downtime.
- Optimal handling of small lot sizes and high design variability
- Efficient prototyping possible
- No setup times and no more need to store large screens
- Cost-effective production due to low personnel costs
- No setup times
- No costs for storing screens
- Increase in competitiveness due to fast response to market changes
- Flexible and fast technology
- New designs can be rapidly implemented
- Special projects possible
- Traceability from glass to glass with original certified inks
- Characteristics such as serial numbers or QR codes can be modified and printed simply via a mouse click
Exact printing (wet-on-dry)
- Multiple printing passes with no prior drying and thus layer thickness buildup in specific areas are possible
- Can print defroster on rear windshields of cars
- A base printing pass using black ink ensures the silver paste does not appear yellow on the glass. A fine black line with a width of about 150 microns is printed and dried, and then a finer silver line is printed on top of the black line.
- Printing with original screen-printing pastes with the LPKF NovaPrint avoids complex qualification measures
- LTP retains the properties of the fired pastes and inks
Comparison of Laser Transfer Printing vs Screen Printing
Laser Transfer Printing significantly reduces the number of process steps required and therefore also lowers costs.
The elaborate and cost-intensive installation of new screens is a thing of the past. There is no longer any need to clean, reorder or store screens.
|Dimensions||4700 mm x 6100 mm x 2560 mm|
|Max. print speed||250 mm/s|
|Max. productivity (excl. handling)||90 m²/h|
|Print resolution||1200 dpi x 600 dpi|
|Min./max. glass thickness||1.4 mm x 8 mm|
|Min./max. glass size||300 mm x 300 mm - 2000 mm x 3000 mm|
|Temperature stability||Air-conditioned enclosure|